LITTLE CAYMAN 2008
Sorry this trip is now full
We're off to Little Cayman in March!
Little Cayman was discovered in 1503 by Christopher Columbus and was rarely visited until recently. This small island (10 miles by 1 mile) was awarded the Rodales Magazine 2005 Readers Choice Awards for:
- 1st place - Top wall diving in the carribean
- 1st place - Healthiest Marine Environment
- 3rd place - best destination for Underwater Photography
Little Cayman boasts 57 distinct dive sites including the famous Bloody Bay Wall, rated as the best diving in the carribean by underwater cinemetographer Stan Waterman and National Geographic photographer David Doubilet. Most of the sites lie in a protected Marine Park.
Coral canyons and sand chutes lead you out to pristine deep
blue waters of the outer reef.
The Caymans' trademark turtles are a common sight along with eagle rays, reef sharks and grouper. More than 500 species of fish have been documented on Little Cayman
Little Cayman Beach Resort will serve as our host for this trip. LCBR offers the most comprehensive ammenities on the Island including:
- A 500' white sand beach (with shaded hammocks)
- Freshwater swimming pool, heated jacuzzi & hot tub overlooking the beach
- Complimentary beach towels
- Snorkeling, beach volleyball, horseshoes, basketball & darts
- Tennis courts
- Bicycles for exploring the island
- Reef Divers - the resorts on-site award-winning dive shop
- Reef Photo Center
- Sailboat, windsurf and kayak rentals
- The Nature Spa - massages etc.
- Fitness & game room - excercise equip. pool table library
- Island tours
- Wireless internet access in room access at daily or weekly rates
All rooms include views of the pool and tropical courtyard, air conditioning, ceiling fans, cable t.v., radio alarm clock, cofee-maker, private bath with shower, hair dryers, and daily housekeeping. All room are smoke free.
Trip Dates & Leader:
- March 1-8, 2008 - Mark Miller
- Round trip airfare -Minneapolis to Little Cayman
- Pool refresher/trip social - TBD
- Hotel transfers
- 7 nights poolside room (double occupancy)
- All meals at the resort
- 17 boat dive package
- Unlimited shore dives
- Use of dive locker at Reef Divers
- Snacks aboard the boat during sit times
- Tanks and weights
- Special rental package rates. Package includes regulator with computer and Buoyancy compensator for ??
On-trip Scuba Certification:
- SCUBA DIVER CERTIFICATION includes:
- Complete classroom/pool training at home prior to the trip.
- 5 Open-water training dives the first two days of your trip
- Instructor Fees
- Complete equipment rental for the entire week
- All registration fees.
- NITROX DIVER CERTIFICATION includes:
- Classroom training at home prior to the trip.
- 2 Open-water Nitrox dives for certification
- Nitrox fills in Little Cayman for your 2 certification dives.
Trip price does not include:
- Departure tax
- Dive & Hotel Gratuities
- Bar bill
- Additional boat dives & resort activities
- Nitrox available at an additional fee
- Smith Diving.