LOCALS CALL IT THE NATURE ISLAND, YOU'LL CALL IT A DIVERS PARADISE. WATERFALLS, WHALES AND WONDERFUL DIVING ARE WAITING!
Smith Diving is leading scuba dive vacations to Dominica in January, 2007. Were in the booking process for this trip and will have complete information soon so check back in a few days.
Castle Comfort Dive Lodge will be our home for the week in Dominica. Castle Comfort is a true diver's resort. The small 15 room lodge is the perfect setting for a Smith Diving group. We'll start out the day with 2-tank boat dives.
Our diving will be led by Dive Dominca, one of the premier Dive operations in the Caribbean. Dive Dominica runs 5 dive boats ranging from 20 feet to a giant whale-watching catamaran. We will dive from one of the mid-sized, twin-diesel catamarans.
A short boat ride will lead you to reefs, seamounts, pinnacles and vertical walls which offer a lush, unspoiled look at true caribbean diving. Ammenities aboard the dive boat include; Oxygen and safety equipment, marine head, shaded areas, sundeck, boarding ladders, camera rinse tanks and more.
The local reefs are abundant with all the usual marine creatures, but also offer the chance to dive with some more unusual critters including frogfish, seahorses and flying gunards.
- Round trip airfare Minneapolis - Dominica (via San Juan).
- Pool refresher/trip social - Jan. 11th, 2007
- Hotel transfers
- 2 nights hotel in San Juan on Friday Jan 19 & Saturday Jan. 20, 2007
- 7 nights hotel at Castle Comfort Dive Lodge (double occupancy)
- Breakfast and Dinner daily at Castle Comfort
- 5 days of 2-tank boat dives
- Unlimited Shore Diving
- Snacks aboard the boat during sit times
- Tanks and weights
- Special rental package rates. Package includes regulator with computer and Buoyancy compensator for ??
On-trip Scuba Certification:
- SCUBA DIVER - includes:
- Complete classroom/pool training at home prior to the trip.
- 5 Open-water training dives the first two days of your trip
- Instructor Fees
- Complete equipment rental for the entire week
- All registration fees.
- NITROX DIVER - includes:
- Classroom training at home prior to the trip.
- 2 Open-water Nitrox dives for certification
- Nitrox fills in Dominica for your 2 certification dives.
Trip price does not include:
- Local transportation during trip
- Additional boat dives
- Land excursions on Dominica
- Nitrox available at an additional fee
- Smith Diving.