Rescue Techniques Specialty
Most graduates call this the best scuba course they've ever taken. The NAUI Rescue Diver Certification Course is a demanding, but rewarding, course that will test both your intellectual and physical abilities.
The Rescue Diver Course consists of 3 classroom sessions, 2 pool sessions and 2 days of openwater skills.
See Course Dates and Locations
(2 two-hour sessions and 1 four-hour session)
Classroom topics for this course include:
- an advanced understanding of diving physiology
- a review of diving physic
- problem recognition
- stress awareness & management
- first aid for diving accidents
- and much more.
(2 two hour sessions)
Pool training includes:
- a review of scuba skills,
- tired/injured diver transports,
- in-water mouth to mouth procedures,
- panicked diver control,
- weight belt deployment,
- injured diver equipment removal,
- injured diver transport and removal from water
- other exercises designed to prepare you for openwater diver rescues.
(2 four-hour sessions)
Openwater training consists of:
- diver observation
- problem/stress assists
- medical problem recognition & treatment
- injured diver examination
- site & hazard analysis
- rescue scenarios.
- NAUI Rescue Diver Student Kit
- Student discounts on equipment purchases
- Use of tank weights and shortie wetsuit for pool session if needed
What You Need to Bring
Course Dates and Locations
Classes starting in the next 2 Months:
|Tue, Jun 2nd • Thu, Jun 4th • Sat, Jun 6th
Sat, Jun 13th
|Tue, Jul 7th • Thu, Jul 9th • Sat, Jul 11th
Sat, Jul 18th
All courses meet at Smith Diving for Classroom and travel a short distance for Pool work.
- Smith Diving.