Master Scuba Diver
The NAUI Master Scuba Diver course involves the study of in-depth diving science and the application of a very high level of knowledge to actual diving situations.
A NAUI Master Diver has demonstrated a thorough knowledge of diving facts, theory and procedures. This course is not just a collection of specialties.
We limit this class to 6 students maximum.
See Course Dates and Locations
Classroom training consists of 4 academic sessions lasting 4 hours each. Classroom session topics include: advanced in-depth diving physics, physiology, decompression theory, personal & environmental hazards, advanced navigation, underwater mapping, deep diving techniques and more. This course includes a rigorous written examination and homework and study time will be required.
- A minimum of 9 dives held over three weekends are required for this course.
- Weekend 1 will be held in town and will include navigation and search pattern work, task loading exercises and tethered diving in the Mississippi River.
- Weekend 2 will be held at the Crosby Mines and will include advanced dive planning procedures, air consumption and distance calculations, simulated decompression diving, and kayak diving procedures.
- Weekend 3 will be held on the north shore of Lake Superior and will involve wreck diving procedures, mapping, use of lift bags and salvage
- NAUI Advanced Diver Certification or equivalent
- Good physical condition
- Minimum age 15
- NAUI Master Diver Student Kit
- All air or nitrox fills (when filled at Smith Diving)
- Student discounts on equipment purchases
What You Need to Bring
- Tanks (2)
- Regulator with octopus
- Pressure & depth gauges
- Redundant Scuba System (Pony) required for weekends 2 & 3 (rental avail.)
- Buoyancy compensator
- 1/4" or 6.5 mm wetsuit or dry suit (rental available)
- Hood, mitts and boots
- Mask, snorkel and fins
- Dive light
- Dive knife
- Dive watch, bottom timer or computer
Special rental packages & rates are available to students enrolled in any Smith Diving course.
- including course materials.
- You may combine NAUI Nitrox Certification with this course
- Course fee does not include equipment rental, transportation, lodging or out-of-town air fills.
Course Dates and Locations
Classes starting in the next 2 Months:
|Wed, Jun 3rd • Sat, Jun 6th • Sun, Jun 7th
Wed, Jun 10th • Sat, Jun 13th • Sun, Jun 14th
Wed, Jun 24th • Sat, Jun 27th • Sun, Jun 28th
Wed, Jul 1st
All courses meet at Smith Diving for Classroom.
- Smith Diving.